APGCE 2017 SHORT COURSES
OPEN TO DELEGATES AND NON DELEGATES
SHORT COURSES: SEISMIC IMAGING AND INTERPRETATION OF COMPLEX GEOLOGY AND MULTICOMPONENT SEISMIC MONITORING
DATE: 22 November 2017
TIME: 0900 – 1700 Hrs
Director, Containment and Monitoring Institute at Carbon Management, University of Calgary
Note: Prices quoted are inclusive of processing fee & 6% GST. Companies incorporated in Malaysia are subjected to prices in Malaysian Ringgit (RM) and companies not incorporated in Malaysia are subjected to prices in US Dollar (USD)
Topics that will be covered in this course include:
- Imaging and interpretation of seismic data from structured geological environments.
- Multicomponent seismology and converted wave (PS) data acquisition, processing and interpretation.
- Seismic survey design (3D and multicomponent).
- Seismic monitoring principles.
- Principle of changes in rock properties through fluid substitution.
- Monitoring geological storage of CO2
The general goal of this graduate course is to engage participants to a range of topics related to seismic methods for imaging and interpretation of complex geological structures, and for monitoring applications related to the geological storage of CO2.
Key components of the course will be hands-on experience with some software packages that will be provided for seismic depth imaging, seismic survey design, and fluid substitution, as well as the interpretation of model and field seismic data. Design and modelling of time-lapse seismic surveys for monitoring CO2 containment will also be presented.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
The course is designed to cover a broad range of seismic methods relevant for geophysicists, seismic interpreters as well as petrophysicists. It is targeted particularly as junior to mid-career professionals as well as graduate students in University programs.
Participants will need to bring the following items for this course:
- Set of coloured pencils
- Laptop computer (Windows OS)